Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tropically purple at the Pasadena Hilton

This was definitely not the beginning of my day Saturday.

By the time I got to Pasadena at about 2 p.m., I had already been up since 7 a.m. and walked at least two miles all over the Long Beach Convention Center, for the Long Beach Grand Prix. So I was already bone tired by the time I got to Pasadena.

This is what the ballroom looked like by the time were done with everything. However, I have to note that we did not provide those seat covers - those came from another vendor that presumably has a special contract with the hotel, since those square-backed ballroom chairs are unusual.

But I think I still managed to hit this one out of the ballpark -- or, considering its Grand Prix day, left this one in my dust. So to speak. OK, its late and I'm tired, my similes are less than stellar.

My mom does these tropical displays for folks she really likes. Heh. They always include the faux palm trees, a couple of tropical arrangements and Philippine display - this one has a bahay kubo and a caribou cart.



I absolutely love this arrangement. Yes, that is an eggplant hanging from the arrangement, along with string beans. I was so tired from running around the Grand Prix that I looked at the arrangement and asked with a bit of incredulity, "is that eggplant?" Yes. I was very astute that day.

And I love them mini pineapples. I wish they could be used in every arrangement.

Draping this wedding was massively tiring - I was in a sweat by the time I finished. And, oh, that wasn't the end of my day. I had to get back to Long Beach for what I called my second shift at the Grand Prix. Whew.

No comments: